Sorry for the delay on this one. I started my last term at the University of Manitoba on Thursday, so I've been a bit busy. After December I'll be done, but until then, my scheduling could be a bit wonky. So please bear with me!
Recyclable Items (3)
- 1 sour cream container (PP 5)
- 1 soy milk carton (plastic spout and lid)
- 1 seal from CO2 canister (LDPE 4)
Non-Recyclable Items (20):
- 1 mint wrapper
- 1 toothpaste tube
- 1 rigatoni bag
- 1 piece of plastic wrap
- 1 veggie burger package
- 1 cheese slice wrapper
- 1 straw
- 1 spoon
- 1 soy milk seal
- 1 apple filling packet from apple turnovers (not pictured)
- 1 icing packet from apple turnovers
- 1 pill package
- 4 pieces of plastic from SodaStream packaging
- 1 wrapper from SodaStream sample pack
- 3 seals from SodaStream
Total Items: 23
So, this was my worst week since January! Therefore, I figure I should point out all the points where I went wrong, or where I simply got unlucky with the amount of plastic coming my way.
- I bought a SodaStream. Which is awesome. But it came wrapped in a fair bit of plastic. I'll be writing a full post on the SodaStream soon, in which I'll talk more about the packaging, and about how cool the SodaStream is.
- The veggie burgers I normally eat aren't wrapped in plastic. The veggie burger package and cheese slice wrapper are from a BBQ I went to at a friend's house. You can't really be picky about packaging when a meat-eating friend is kindly making you a veggie burger. :)
- I went to the BDI (an ice cream place, for you non-Winnipeggers), and got a milkshake-type thing, and they gave me a spoon and a straw! I'd forgotten to bring a spoon, so I was expecting that, but a straw, too? Ridiculous.
- The plastic wrap was from a sandwich, at a place that had previously given me a sandwich wrapped in tin foil, but this time used plastic! I was rather disappointed.