A record of my efforts to live a more sustainable life.

Why I created this blog

I know it says on my about page why I created this blog, but I think this is something that I could put more thought into.

I blog to keep myself honest. When I post my plastic tallies, I'm embarrassed at the thought of my readers seeing how much plastic I use, even if it is less than the average person uses. It's just one more factor motivating me to make the necessary changes in my life. And when I find I have nothing to write about besides plastic, I know I'm not doing enough. I need to find some other way to decrease my impact on the planet, and then write about it.

Blogging is also a way for me to connect with other people who care about the environment as much as I do. I love getting to know the people who comment on my posts or email me with questions. Having my own blog also helps me get to know other people who blog about similar topics, who are a huge inspiration to me, as well as a constant source of ideas and information.

In short, I blog because I am on a lifelong journey towards a life that doesn't harm the planet (and preferably even helps it), and this blog is like a map that I'm drawing as I go, both to show myself how far I've come, and to guide others who wish to travel the same road.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try hard to be green, and I love that your keeping a record of how your doing. Will be popping in and out of your blog to get some tips and encouragement,
Cheers
Lauraann

Lianne said...

Thanks for the comment! I hope my blog can be of some help to you. :)

Lianne

Anonymous said...

I found your posts on plastic really interesting. The other day I threw out an empty bottle from body wash and thought of this blog. I think I'll start buying more bar soaps from Lush. (an excuse to go to Lush is always motivating to me) Good Job!

Lianne said...

Glad to hear it! I need no excuse to go to Lush. :) Their shampoo bars are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Lianne, would you like to do a Girl Geek dinner on environmental awareness in March or April? I know for me there's a lot I can learn on things I can do differently every day to have a more positive impact on the environment. It would also provoke very interesting discussions, I think.

Lianne said...

I could do that. Just on environmental awareness in general? It's a pretty big topic, so I'm not sure where I should focus.

nuchot said...

Hey nice blog,found it from blogupp.Keep writing!

المركز السعودى said...

شركة تركيب جبس بورد في دبي
شركة عزل اسطح فى دبي
شركة تركيب باركيه بدبي
تصليح مكيفات دبي

kerim said...

steroid satın al
heets



NMEZ

necla said...

steroid satın al
heets
BPEK

kerim said...

steroid satın al
heets
L0NFX7

Post a Comment