A record of my efforts to live a more sustainable life.

Show Us Your Plastic Challenge: March 2011


An explanation for my absence: In February I was feverishly job searching. Since then, I have been working full time, and in the process of moving. Now we're settled into our apartment, but we still don't have Internet set up. And that's how I came to be sitting in the St. Boniface library hurriedly publishing this post. Sorry for the delay!

Recyclable Items (10)
  • 3 orange juice cartons
  • 2 soy milk cartons
  • 1 strawberry container (PETE 1)
  • 1 soft drink lid from theatre (I don't always manage to convince them fast enough not to give me a lid.)
  • 1 spatula package
  • 1 scissors package (and then the scissors totally broke, so what a waste!)
  • 1 package from cutlery set

Non-Recyclable Items (19):
  • 3 wrappers from cookie sheets
  • 1 takeout container
  • 1 pill package
  • 1 waffles bag
  • 1 rolling pin wrapper
  • 1 toothbrush
  • 1 toothbrush wrapper
  • 5 carton seals
  • 1 taco shell bag
  • 1 apple turnover filling package
  • 1 icing package
  • 1 chocolate bar wrapper
  • 1 jelly bean bag

Total Items: 29 (Not too bad I say, considering all the packaging caused by moving.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the theme of your blog. It's my dream one day to live in a totally eco friendly home. Also, I love your blog template. Where did you find it? I'm now following u.
http://whisperingwiththewinds.blogspot.com
http://thebookbashreviews.blogspot.com

Lianne said...

I'm glad you like my blog! As for my theme, I was going to tell you to scroll down to the bottom of my blog and click the link, but I just did that, and there's now a different site there. So that's weird. It looks like maybe the place where I got this template is gone.

I'll be posting more here in the near future, so I hope you enjoy it!

elasraa said...

شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بجدة

kerim said...

steroid satın al
heets



M0R3B7

ipek said...

steroid satın al
heets
1SR4

necla said...

steroid satın al
heets
RHBEİ

Post a Comment