A record of my efforts to live a more sustainable life.

Some feelings, and some changes

You've probably noticed my blog postings becoming a little sparse lately. OK, a lot sparse. Admittedly, my heart just hasn't been in it. This is an affliction that often affects environmental bloggers, and others who spend a good deal of energy trying to change their habits and how they affect the environment. It's not that the changes in themselves are hard. Sometimes they are, since our societies were built on environmental degradation, and fighting against that can be a challenge, but often the changes are easy. What's hard is thinking about it all the time. Sometimes it's just easier to let go and do things the way everyone else does them. Except, once you've come this far, it's too late for that. Your green conscious nags at you constantly. It's exhausting.

Therefore, I need to make some changes. Breathe some new life into this blog. For one thing, I will no longer be posting my plastic collections. In fact, I will no longer be collecting my plastic. I feel that I've reached a point where the act of collecting is no longer causing me to make changes. I've come to see it as a minor annoyance, and tend not to think about it as much as I used to, meaning that it's not doing it's job of making me more aware. Also, the plastic posts have taken over this blog. As long as I had those to post, I didn't have a strong enough incentive to actually write something. Hence the atrophy of this blog over the past few months.

So, it's time to start writing about other things. This should also give me more incentive to learn about other things. I will, of course, continue to do everything I can to avoid disposable plastic. And if I think of new ways to do that, I'll still talk about them here. But I'll also broaden my scope to other topics as well, of which there are an abundance in the huge topic of environmentalism.

Now, I'd like some input. What would you like me to write about? I've got a few ideas up my sleeves, but are there specific topics you want to know more about? Maybe you're interested in vegetarianism, trying to live car-free, or trying out vermicomposting? Let me know! Leave your idea in the comments, or send me a private message through my contact form. I'm writing this for you, so I want to write about what you want to read about.

5 comments:

Ily said...

Heya! I'm here from Unclutterer. Lately I've been wondering how other environmentalists feel about travel...but not really finding any posts about it. Like for me, I feel a conflict between wanting to see the world (which is difficult without using highly-polluting airplanes) and wanting to be sustainable. I'm not sure if there's an easy solution, but it's a topic I've been wanting to hear other people's thoughts on.

Lianne Lavoie said...

Hey Ily! Glad to see a fellow Unclutterer reader here. :) Green travel is definitely a tough topic, and one that I've never really researched with any depth. So thanks for the suggestion! I'll see what I can dig up on the subject.

ipek said...

steroid satın al
heets



CT2

necla said...

steroid satın al
heets
Q12LQ

yasin said...

bolu
bursa
çanakkale
çorum
denizli
6CZN5

Post a Comment