A record of my efforts to live a more sustainable life.

The Little Things, and an Apology

I'll start with the apology. I haven't posted in 3 weeks! So if I have any loyal readers yet, I apologise to you. I'm promising myself that I will catch up this weekend. I'm posting this at 6:30 a.m., not because I'm a morning person, but because I never went to bed. I can't wait to graduate.

Anyway, on to the real topic. I'm a strong believer that the little things really do add up. So they are still worth doing. What made me think of this was a toilet paper roll. I finished a toilet paper roll in a bathroom at school, and instead of a regular cardboard tube, there were two smaller ones, and they still held the roll together fine! Maybe that's common, I don't know, but I'd never seen it before. It made me think: Imagine how much cardboard we'd save if every toilet paper roll in the world had no middle section! We'd be removing roughly a third of all cardboard used for that purpose, and there are a lot of toilet paper rolls in the world.

There's no big, inspiring point or anything. Just a reminder, like the one I was given by that toilet paper roll, that the little things matter. So don't give up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment