[Sorry I'm a bit late in posting this one! It's a stressful time of year for a university student..]
Recyclable Items (3):
- 1 orange juice carton (plastic lid and spout)
- 1 raspberries container (PETE 1)
- 1 Cool Whip container (PP 5)
Non-Recyclable Items (12):
- 1 container from pizza dipping sauce
- 1 Mini Eggs bag (actually ate them last week but forgot to put the bag in my collection)
- 1 Swedish Berries bag
- 1 icing container from cinnamon sticks (with pizza) (not pictured)
- 1 perogies bag (not pictured)
- 1 bread bag (not pictured)
- 1 pill package
- 1 dried mangoes bag
- 1 orange juice seal
- 1 toilet paper wrapper
- 1 microwave popcorn wrapper
- 1 icing container from cinnamon buns
Total Items: 15 (A new record!)
What items could I easily replace with plastic-free or less plastic alternatives?
I could buy candy in bulk. I've ordered reusable produce and bulk bags, but they haven't arrived yet. Looking forward to that!
How many of these items are from “convenience” foods that could be made from scratch with less packaging but might take more time to prepare?
The cinnamon buns.
What items are essential and seem to have no plastic-free alternative?
Pills, orange juice, perogies (unless I learned to make perogies, which I think is really difficult...)
What lifestyle change(s) might be necessary to reduce my plastic consumption?
If I remembered to bring snacks to school with me, I would have to make hungry trips to the candy store on campus where most of the candy is in plastic packages.