A record of my efforts to live a more sustainable life.

Show Us Your Plastic Challenge - December 19 - December 25, 2010



Recyclable Items (2)
  • 1 orange juice carton
  • 1 peanut butter jar (PETE 1)

Non-Recyclable Items (11):
  • 1 cereal bag
  • 1 video game wrapper
  • 1 orange juice seal
  • 1 piece of plastic wrap
  • 1 shredded cheese bag
  • 1 salad dressing seal
  • 1 big piece of Styrofoam
  • 4 miscellaneous pieces of plastic wrapping from Christmas presents

Total Items: 13

13 items is not great, but let's compare. In 2009, the week containing Christmas was week 2 of this plastic counting adventure. That week I threw away 37 pieces of plastic. So I must say, I feel pretty good about that 13. Sometimes I think I get too caught up in trying to beat my latest record, and forget about how far I've come.

5 comments:

Joe said...

It's too bad that more of the 13 items couldn't be recycled.

Lianne said...

Joe, I totally agree. It shows how inadequate Winnipeg recycling program is. In some cities, probably all of this stuff would be recyclable.

kerim said...

steroid satın al
heets



SZ2OK5

necla said...

steroid satın al
heets
6F46M

atilla said...

kuşadası
milas
çeşme
bağcılar
ısparta

M3M

Post a Comment