A record of my efforts to live a more sustainable life.

Show Us Your Plastic Challenge - December 26 - December 31, 2010


Happy belated New Year! (Actually it's only one day belated if you live in Russia, Ukraine, or a few other countries, and I'm actually early if you're Chinese! So yay!) It has been a crazy year for me so far. I just finished university, so I'm job searching, and getting used to a somewhat jarring (though definitely welcome) change of schedule. I'm adjusting, though, and I should have some new posts coming out in no time. So,without further ado, here's my tally for the last week of 2010:

Recyclable Items (1)
  • 1 soy milk carton
  • 1 cheesecake cover
  • 1 advent calendar (plastic on the inside)

Non-Recyclable Items (5):
  • 1 poster frame wrapper
  • 1 sponge toffee bag
  • 1 bread bag
  • 1 Swedish Berries bag
  • 1 soy milk seal

Total Items: 8

You may have noticed that this week is actually only 6 days. That's because I've decided to change how I do these tallies. As of the beginning of 2011, I'm going to go by month. The main reason for this is because I want to improve this blog, and I think that decreasing the number of posts that are just lists of plastic items is a step in the right direction. I'm hoping that this will allow me to focus more of my time and energy on other types of posts. Also, this means I'll have a month's worth of plastic piling up, instead of just a week's worth, which should give me some extra incentive to decrease it!

6 comments:

Megan said...

That's probably a good thing to try. Though I've found that I've integrated seeing your plastic consumption on a weekly basis into how I view our friendship.

Things I've learned about you from these weekly exercises: you drink approximately the same amount of soymilk as I do; you buy non-gelatinous candies; your mom buys you advent calendars with disney princesses on them rather than the scary German santa ones that my mom buys me.

Lianne said...

Megan: It makes me very happy that you get that much out of my plastic tallies. I hope the monthly ones will still give you insight on our friendship. Haha.

I actually bought that advent calendar myself. I went to Extra Foods to buy them for me and Jonny, and I was a little late in doing so. I got the last two. We both got Disney princess.

ipek said...

steroid satın al
heets



YYO

kerim said...

steroid satın al
heets
İ0511

ipek said...

steroid satın al
heets
VMİTMO

zehra said...

pusulabet
sex hattı
https://izmirkizlari.com
rulet siteleri
rexbet
CBOF

Post a Comment