A record of my efforts to live a more sustainable life.

Show Us Your Plastic Challenge - July 11 - July 17, 2010


Recyclable Items (1):
  • 1 FedEx envelope with plastic layer on the front (HDPE 2)

Non-Recyclable Items (15):
  • 1 vegetable radiatori bag
  • 1 ice cream tub seal
    • I don't normally buy ice cream with such superfluous packing. My mom got it free from a sale.
  • 1 wrapper from an earring I ordered online
  • 4 tiny bags for 4 tiny pins that I ordered online, which were ridiculously packaged
  • 2 CD wrappers
  • 1 soy milk seal
  • 1 pill package
  • 1 tea bag wrapper
    • I didn't know when I bought these assorted fruit teas in a box that each flavour would be contained in a plastic package. *sigh*
  • 1 spaghetti bag
    • I have informed my mom that spaghetti is available at the Bulk Barn, and that I have a reusable bulk bag that's big enough for it, so we'll be switching to that.
  • 2 old swipe cards
    • I cleaned my room and found an old recreation services card from the University of Manitoba, and my employee discount card from when I worked at Extra Foods.

Reused (1):
  • 1 USPS envelope with bubble wrap padding

Total Items: 17 (Not so good!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment